Thursday, February 28, 2013

Innovation and Technology


This educational technology book, as long as it is, provided many useful resources for teachers looking to pump up their classrooms with new and innovative strategies for fun in conjunction with learning. From an extensive list of classroom friendly games and the research to back up the benefits of their use to how to use the many available resources of podcasts, screen casts, and videos. I appreciate the table of contents of this book to be able to zone in on the topics that I was interested in reading more about.

 I am so glad that someone has put together a list of all the resources that we as teachers as well as our students can benefit from.  See my outline of interesting topics here. I think my favorite part of this book was the research provided on the benefits of a gaming curriculum and how children function with interactive play. Gone are the days of constant lecture and pen to paper assignments, and here are the days of innovation, technology and learning through experience. I cannot wait to be a part of this developing front to education.
We are joing this front whether we like it or not, our students are more savy than ever, what will we as asprining educators have to contribute to this future of technology?

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the resources in the technology book were useful. Looking at your outline I particularly liked your section on educational videos. I also chose this topic. I saw you chose Smithsonian as a tool which is great. I used TED talks as one of mine. I found the site to be a good YouTube resource for high school students to gain access to some amazing content.
    I also enjoyed your section on educational games because I had not explored that section. My students use educational games all the time. They are used as an incentive to get their work done in a timely manner so they can play them. It's wonderful because they may think they are just "playing" but they are really continuing to learn.
    by Melissa Garcia

    ReplyDelete